The Estonian Aviation Academy has joined the Diversity Charter
ensuring that we value the set values and act on them.
We have agreed on the following:
- within our company we shall value mutual respect, diversity and the principle of equal treatment;
- in the management of the company we shall place emphasis on consideration for diversity, ensuring that this is reflected in every aspect of the company’s operations;
- we shall pursue a staffing policy which ensures the optimum use and equal treatment of all employees, eschewing discrimination on the basis of gender, ethnic background, skin colour, age, disability, sexual orientation and religious or political views;
- we shall work to ensure that the diversity of Estonian society is reflected in our workforce;
- we shall defend our staff against discrimination;
- we shall inform our staff of their rights and obligations in implementing the principle of equal treatment;
- we shall create opportunities for staff and clients to better understand the need for and benefits of the principle of equal treatment and ensure that cases of discrimination are resolved impartially and effectively;
- we shall draft and regularly update an action plan for the promotion of the principle of equal treatment and for consideration of diversity which shall incorporate measurable performance indicators and in the drafting and implementation of which all staff shall be included;
- we shall continuously monitor progress in the achievement of the objectives set out in this charter; and
- we shall inform our staff, our clients and the public of other companies and institutions that have signed up to the charter and of success in fulfilling its objectives.