ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Applicants must present proof of their English language skills at level B2.
The following tests with scores outlined are accepted:
- TOEFL iBT score at least 75.
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing Service) 5.5 with 5.5 or above in each band.
- Cambridge test FCE (CAE; CPE are suitable as well).
Please note that these are the only exemptions! If your situation (including the country or region where you previously studied) is not described here, you must take a recognised English language exam.
The English language requirement may be waived if an applicant meets one of the following criteria:
- has studied at an Estonian higher education institution and received at least 15 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System credit points) for English-taught courses, excluding language courses, unless a certificate proving English language proficiency at B2 level (minimum) was issued upon completion of the language course(s);
- has completed secondary education in English in one of the following countries: in EU/EEA member states; UK, USA; Canada; Australia or New Zealand. In case the applicant studied in an offshore campus, a recognised English proficiency certificate is still required;
- has studied in one of the EU/EEA member states and learned English as the first foreign language for seven years and taken the final exam with a result that indicates correspondence to B2 level according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- has studied in English (with English as medium of instruction) in full-time student status for at least one academic year in a higher education institution in one of the following countries: UK, USA; Canada; Australia; New Zealand or any of the EU/EEA member states. The transcript of records must include information that the applicant was enrolled in the programme taught in English. In case the applicant studied in an offshore campus, a recognised English proficiency certificate is still required.
- has completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme in English language with Diploma, and received at least grade 5 for the final exam in English (English A, English B, English Literature and Performance). NB! Applicants who are graduating from an IB Diploma Programme in the upcoming spring/summer and wish to prove their English language proficiency with their IB English exam result can submit their application without the final exam result on condition that they submit the final exam result as soon as it arrives in the beginning of July. Only applicants who obtain an acceptable result (see before) will be considered.
- has received the European Baccalaureate (EB) Diploma and the final exam result for English as Language 1 or Language 2. NB! Applicants who are graduating from an EB Diploma programme in the upcoming spring/summer and wish to prove their English language proficiency with their EB English exam result can submit their application without the final exam result on condition that they submit the final exam result as soon as it arrives in the summer (by the end of July at the latest). Only applicants who obtain a positive exam result will be considered.