On this website you will find necessary information about what the Estonian Aviation Academy can
do to help the Ukrainians, our official statements concerning the military offensive against Ukraine and other related topics. The information is constantly being updated.
In the morning of February 24, when we celebrated the 104th birthday of the Republic of Estonia, the Russian Federation launched a military offensive against Ukraine. This is not an attack on one country, but on the whole of Europe and the European values. Estonian Aviation Academy supports the Ukrainians in our thoughts, with offering study and working opportunities, as well as by taking our stance and voicing our protest against the actions of the Russian Federation publicly.
We will stand together, express our support for Ukraine in a way that is possible and affordable to each of us.
- If You have questions about
evacuation from the Ukrainian border, visit the webpage of the Estonian Refugee Council: pagulasabi.ee/en.
- If You have questions about temporary protection or applying for a residence permit, visit the official webpage of the Estonian Government here.
Admission for students who are war refugees
Estonian Aviation Academy will offer opportunities for Ukrainian students with Ukrainian citizenship to study at our Commercial Aviation Management programme if the minimum number of applicants are accepted and the study group is opened in autumn semester 2022.
We will offer up to 2 tuition-free study places for students from Ukraine in the 2022/2023 academic year.
Please note that the applicant has to:
Read more about the
curriculum of Commercial Aviation Management here.
- apply for a residence permit,
- be at least 18 years of age,
- submit an online application and documents,
- meet the admission requirements,
- take into consideration that Estonian Aviation Academy can only offer tuition-free studies, but unfortunately does not offer stipends or free accommodation.
Job opportunities for teaching staff from Ukraine
We might be able to offer job opportunities for teaching staff from Ukraine at our Department of Aeronautical Engineering. There are both part-time temporary and full-time permanent positions available. Please contact Karl-Eerik Unt, head of Department of Aeronautical Engineering: phone +372 5656 0283, e-mail email@example.com.
More additional information will be added as soon possible.
Opportunities to support Ukraine
Information about donation opportunities can be found at the homepage of city of Tartu, click here.
Donations can be done individually or through the Academy.
- Our staff members have donated through the Academy baby food, blankets, towels and other items that are necessary for everyday life to the families being evacuated from the Ukrainian border by Estonian activists. The last donation campaign took place 25-29 April.
- The next donation campaign will take place in May. Information will be sent to the e-mail lists.
If anyone in the academic family has a personal issue or needs help due to the crisis in Ukraine, please feel free to:
- contact our human resources manager Mrs Alice Ellamik: mobile +372 5661 6000; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
- share your concern anonymously in this form.