Need-based Study Allowance (75-220 euros a month)
The need-based special allowance can be applied for by a student of a nominal period of studies who meets the following conditions:
- the student is a citizen of Estonia or resides in Estonia on the basis of a permanent or temporary residence permit;
- the student is currently not on academic leave;
- the student studies full-time and completes the curriculum’s requirements in 75% or studies full-time in the first semester;
- the student's study period has not exceeded the standard period of the curriculum;
- the student's family’s monthly income per family member is below 631 euros.
Application can be submitted through edu.ee.
Applications for the need-based study allowance can be submitted throughout the semester. Please keep in mind that the allowance will be paid only from the month you apply for it. We recommend applying for the allowance during the first month of the semester, so September or February.More information:
Ministry of Education and Research homepage
or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org